Sunday, November 20, 2005

 

Name Calling

Yesterday I was accused of some name calling in my blog. I must say that I try not to engage in such tactics. It is hard not to and I will tell you why.

It is hard because I come in contact everyday with people who make "pronouncements" of their "truth" without any specific facts to back them up, without any specific background to make them qualified to speak intelligently on the topic, without any specific education to understand what they are saying. They won't engage in any real discussion because they have nothing meaningful to contribute and their views wont hold up to any serious debate. But still they declare the truth with such disdain for others that decent people go quiet. They think the people are quiet because of the power of their intellect. In fact, the silence is from embarrassment for the fool who has just revealed themselves.

I try hard not to name call because I feel sorry for these people more than anything else.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]