Monday, November 14, 2005

 

An American Conservative

A Promise To Myself

Lately, I have come to realize that I am guilty of being a silent American conservative. Like too many, I have fallen silent when people call the President names, when people make unpatriotic pronouncement, when people twist the truth. Sadly, these people, easily found under the heading of democrat, have no back ground to qualify to make the judgements they prounounce, no facts to back up what they say and not enough commensense to remain civil. As an American Conservative, I pledge to myself:

1. I will respond immediately to anyone who insults the President of the United States. I will not let my silence be taken as consent. I demand respect for the leader of our county.

2. I will respond immediately to anyone who makes unpartiotic pronouncements. This includes any statement any statement that being with "I support the troops but...", name calling of public officials, belittling of our governments efforts, or giving aid and comfort to our enimies.

3. I will respond immediately to "pronuoncements" of truth that come without fact, without background, with commonsense.

I will remain civil but firm until civil no longer works, then I will be uncivil.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edumnd Burke

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]